Secret Film Club

Official sponsors of Tessa the Turkey at Hillside Animal Sanctuary

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Fun on the farm

On Sunday 17 June FC members had an afternoon out at Hillside Animal Sanctuary, Frettenham after a yummy pub lunch at the Rising Sun in Coltishall.
We enjoyed a wide variety of animals and there were even more pigs than we could have ever imagined. Not like the disappointing Anglo Saxon Village.
FC members also decided to adopt one of the sanctuary's less popular residents as an official FC live mascot. Tessa the Turkey is the sanctuary's least popular adoptee but we were impressed by her ugliness and her affinity with FC member Simon. They had quite a lengthy conversation.
Here is Tessa, the turkey that we now own....



And here are the rest of the pictures of the day...
























7 Comments:

  • At 2:27 AM, Blogger Princess Sarah said…

    HAHAHA! I love the picture of Simon and the two goat heads!

    Simon is having far too much goat love. I'm sure that can't be right...

    Hooray for Tessa, the newly adopted FC Turkey. I think we should write to Hillside requesting they officially change her name to Tessa the FC Turkey.

    I hope all members will remember to wear their badges at every FC meeting and event.

     
  • At 2:30 AM, Blogger Martha said…

    I'm wearing mine now!
    I also like the pic of Simon and Nick being excited in the bric-a-brac shed

     
  • At 3:36 AM, Blogger Princess Sarah said…

    PS I meant to say that we should show these pictures to the people at the Anglo Saxon village and tell them that THIS is what a place with pigs looks like.

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Simes said…

    Fantastic pictures! I like the picture where Nick looks like a superhero the best. But close joint 2nd/3rd? come the horse close-up and the photos of the goats and I all posing for a lovely photograph.
    Hooray for Hillside Animal Sanctuary!
    Salutes for Karen's photography skills!

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Princess Sarah said…

    Where does Nick look like a super hero? Are you seeing extra photos that I'm not?

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Pobol Pobotrol said…

    I think he meant the one where I was supposed to be running, but I didn't hear Karen tell me to run, so I stood there like the Jolly Green Giant (ho ho ho!).

    I liked the cows and goats and sheep and horses and pigs and mules and donkeys and rabbits and guinea pigs and boars and alpacas and the invisible camel and chickens and the turkeys too! (And any other animal that I forgot).

    How exactly are you spelling "Blobleblobbleblobbleblobbleblobble"?

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Princess Sarah said…

    Ducks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home