French night - 08/06/07

FC members enjoyed doing it French-style and embraced their foreign cousins by twinning themselves with eminent French persons.
Altesse de Rose, Jean-Paul Rhurbe-Tart, Amelia Pamplemousse-Biblioteque and l'homme erotique Henri Toilette-Latrine participated in the following schedule (except for the separate bit at the end because Poorly Altesse was poorly and needed her sleep.)
7.30pm Bonjours and continental cheek kisses
7.35pm Handing out of French name badges
7.40pm Flag parade to French national anthem
7.50pm Secret handshake in French (the correct translations were abandoned in favour of just putting 'Le' in front of each move)
8pm Bon Appetite! Dinner is served.
8.30pm Over dessert, discuss any other FC business and get diaries out (Lots was planned including - trip to farm and chopper flying, Harry Potter night and day trip to Great Yarmouth)
8.45pm Tea – good old fashioned English tea – I’m not compromising!
9pm DFP by Cornishes on their Parisian adventure
9.30pm Game: Goupillez le mousache sur le Clouseau d’inspecteur (this was won as predicted by Altesse. It is Henri Toilette-Latrine's poor attempt far left of the photograph)
9.45pm Game: Devinez mes fromages ( I ate all the left over cheese. Yum!)
10pm Monsieurs watch a gory film. Madams’ activity to be decided (this did not happen and instead all jint in Buzz Mega quiz)
late Au revoirs and continental cheek kisses


6 Comments:
At 7:03 AM,
Martha said…
I forgot to say that the flag parade was done to the 2007 French Eurovision entry. Did not work as well as Rhubarb Tart and in retrospect was a mistake. Sorry all!
At 7:03 AM,
Martha said…
I forgot to say that the flag parade was done to the 2007 French Eurovision entry. Did not work as well as Rhubarb Tart and in retrospect was a mistake. Sorry all!
At 7:04 AM,
Martha said…
I miss Sarah and Nick and it is only Monday. Simon never looks at FC blog so I am here all on my own. Boo hoo!
At 10:51 AM,
Princess Sarah said…
Guess what Amelie? L'Altesse is BACK! Sing hosannas. Sorry that Jean-Paul and moi abandoned you - I see you got lots done in our absence! Hee!
Here are my FC comments en Francais:
Sorry I was poorly again - I will try to mend myself for next time.
I very much enjoyed - and was very very grateful to Amelie for providing - such a delightful French banquet, especially as she bought it all the way from MC. Amelie rocks! I was very sad when I finished my creme brulee because it was TOOOOO delicious.
I enjoyed playing the tache game (and I enjoyed winning - am I the Queen of pinning things on when blindfolded?) and I liked laughing at Simon's off the scale efforts.
I also very much enjoyed eating and guessing cheese - thanks once again to the wonderful Amelie for providing it.
The Buzz Mega Quiz was lots of fun. I liked being a big opera dame with independent breasts. Can we play it again soon?
Thank you for giving our holiday a good send off - I hope you are anticipating with pleasure the forthcoming DFP.
Much love as always
L'Altesse de Rose
xxxx
At 10:03 AM,
Pobol Pobotrol said…
It's me. I forgot all about this, until I saw the many moustached Inspector Clouseau on the back of the door.
The food was delicious, especially the creme bruleee - yum yum yum!
I propose that we need to tighten up the rules of "pin the * on the *" games, to disallow feeling up the destination!
At 10:18 AM,
Princess Sarah said…
I didn't feel it up! What are you suggesting? that I had some inappropriate touching of the tache?
Post a Comment
<< Home