Secret Film Club

Official sponsors of Tessa the Turkey at Hillside Animal Sanctuary

Monday, May 07, 2007

FC Vision Song Contest

On Friday 4th May was the first FC Vision Song Contest held during a normal FC MB meeting. Schedule follows and then further details of the songs are at the end..

7.30pm Arrivals, big hugs, and welcome drinks

7.40pm Flag parade

7.50pm Secret handshake

7.55pm A very special secret FC announcement from the Headlands (Introduction of Sir Edmund Wells - official FC mascot)



7.57pm The Cornishes gasp in delight at above-mentioned announcement (Gasp!)

7.58pm The Cornishes have a chance to become acquainted with the details of the announcement

8pm Let’s eat - ‘shroom stroganoff (with large-sliced shallots!) followed by pudding (Delicious strog and very yummy choc fudge cake and cream!)

9pm FC Newsround. Who wants to be John Craven? (Simon was John Craven. More FC dates announced too.)

9.10pm Retire to the TV room, which tonight doubles as a music room, with tea

9.15pm The FC-vision TV Song Contest (with optional flag waving)! Who wants to go first? Not me! (See song lyrics below)

9.50pm …Followed by much applause

9.51pm A chance to have a bash at singing each other’s songs

10.10pm More tea, Vicar?

10.20pm It’s that time again - the boys will be watching some rather unnecessary film violence while the ladies try out the new Sing Star (and probably some old classics too) (SingStar was good and the girls belted out some classics. Boys need to comment on their viewing...)

Late Diaries out and close (Diaries were earlier so when it was late, we just closed)



FC Vision Song Lyrics

Simon's Magnum Song


(Spoken) Magnum was widely applauded for being the first series to recognise the difficulty Vietnam era soldiers faced in making the readjustment to civilian life. The series won many awards, including Emmys and Golden Globes for Selleck and Hillerman

Thomas Magnum, was played by Tom Selleck
Born of Bob and Martha Selleck

Magnum is an ex-army officer
PI means private investigator

He squats in a rich man's house
With a tache but is not a Scouse

He drives his master's Ferrari
But less often a Suzuki Jimny

- Hawaii
- Gratuitous bikini

Fist fights and jeans tight
He wears an Hawaiian shirt

and does a chee-ky eyebrow flirt

(Spoken) Five episodes were directed by Virgel Vogel


Sarah's Cricket Song


Cricket! This is the best ever cricket song
Forget Channel 4 annd those blokes off of Sky Sports
The BBC has the best ever song
With its beats
And its tune
This is the greatest cricket song
Makes you wanna dance
And throw some funky shapes
And let's not forget the cricket
Cricket rocks

Cricket
Cricket rocks
Cricket
Cricket rocks

Simon Jones, Nasser Hussain and Michael Vaughan
Marcus Trescothick, Ian Botham and David Gower
WG Grace, Ricky Ponting and Inzy and Danny Vettori
Kevin Pietersen

Oh cricket!
I love watching the sexy men
And the sound
Of leather on willow
Ooooooooooooh-ooooooooooh oooooooooh
I'm all unnecessary now
Cricket rocks
I love cricket



Karen's Quincy song


Call on Dr Quincy
He'll do an autopsy
And find out the reason
For the death

Be it homicide or natural
Poisoned, shot or accidental
He'll - get to the truth - of it

Quincy likes the ladies
Eats and drinks at Danny's
He lives on a nice boat
On the sea

He works with Sam Fujiama
Always action, always drama
And...

(Jazz interlude)

Even though he works late
I still really wish that Quincy
Was my dad!



Nick's Match of the Day Song


The theme tune is top scoring
A shame about the rest
It's completely boring
WIth men in football vests

Is Jimmy Hill still in it?
I don't really know
If the racist bastard still is,
He's really got to go

His chin is quite impressive
The tosser makes me sick
He yaks on about football
With blokes you want to kick

They don't say anything meaningful
They talk a load of arse
And then they show some football
With men running about on grass

Football
F-f-f-f-f-Foot-ball
F-f-f-f-f-Fo-oo-ooot-oooo-ooooo-tba-aaaaallll
Football
F-f-f-f-f-Foot-ball
F-f-f-f-f-Foot-ball
F-f-f-f-f-f--f-f-f-balls!

It's called Match of the Day
It's only footbll matches
And only games today
Are shown by the biatches

There's not much more to it
It's run since 1964
Dear idiots at the BBC
Please don't make any more

If Gary Lineker is in it
"Fuck off!" I will roar

Match of the Day -- is crap!

11 Comments:

  • At 1:43 AM, Blogger Pobol Pobotrol said…

    Hooray, that was lots of fun. The TV theme song project was excellent, and everyone put in lots of effort. Everyone elses songs were the best.

    I'm sorry that the large sliced shallots turned into invisible un-pick-outable bits. And I hope Karen's tummy was OK the next day.

    The awesome gore film we watched was George A Romero's Land of The Dead. We have now watched all four official "Dead" films. Hooray.

    The girls singing was lovely, especially on "GOLD"!

    I was sad when we said goodbye.

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Martha said…

    I just noticed a stuck an extra 'n' in SaRAH's cricket song but I now can't be bothered to remove it. So it will have to be sung!

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Martha said…

    I just noticed a stuck an extra 'n' in SaRAH's cricket song but I now can't be bothered to remove it. So it will have to be sung!

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Martha said…

    bugger!

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Princess Sarah said…

    My comments
    By Princess Sarah


    1)I’m sorry that it’s taken me so long to get round to commenting. I am not normally so slow but I’ve had a busy week.

    2)I like it when it’s Film Club

    3)I liked doing the out-of-control flag parade, especially when I went into the kitchen to turn the saucepan down and also to let the cat out. That’s just ker-razy!

    4)Sunshine KC is funny when she comments a million times. I don’t like extra Ns - I hope they don’t get in the way of me seeing Simon Jones.

    5)I hope you all liked moth-eaten Sir Edmund Wells. He will be coming on the boat trip. Mind you don’t throw him over board now.

    6)Sorry I was poorly again. It sucks being a menstruating woman. I hope you boys realise that.

    7)The FC-Vision Song Contest was one of the most exciting FC group activities ever! Thanks to KC (and her Sunshine Band) for suggesting it. I liked each song as much as the others; they were all so good I couldn’t pick a favourite. I liked them for these reasons:

    a)I liked Simon’s because he did the talky bit, which was hilarious (and the ‘Hawaii’ and ‘Gratuitous bikini’ were the funniest bits)

    b)I liked mine because it had cricket men in it

    c)I liked Karen’s because it all fitted in very well with the music and there was some very clever crossing referencing going on with the ‘Dad’ thing.

    d)I liked Nick’s because he had a rant about football and racism and the middle bit made me cry with laughter

    8)We all deserve gold stars. Let’s never forget these songs, we must sing them regularly.

    9)I don’t think much of the boys’ film choice, but Sing Star was super fun. Especially when we turned the volume up and the whole village could hear. Hehehe. “Gold! Always believe in your so-ul.”

    10)I didn’t want it to end. It’s a good thing we have so many fun FC activities to look forward to! Next up is the boat trip - don’t forget the pirate flag!

    11)A fun time was had my all. I hope.

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Martha said…

    Wow, that is some marathon commenting you have done there my lady.
    I forgot about the random flag parade, that was funny. I random handshake would be quite funny too but maybe that is going a bit too far.
    If Sir Edmunds falls into the water Max will jump in and retrieve him so do not worry.
    Hooray for everything. Lots to look forward to. Do you want a Paris DFP?

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger Princess Sarah said…

    Hell yeah we want a Paris DFP! what do you think this is? some kind of non-DFPing Film Club? Good grief.

    a random handshale could be quite fun, but what if we accidentally all did the same thing? that would be terrible!

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Martha said…

    I want to do a handshale!

    I meant doing the same thing but in different directions but I guess we could do different movements. Like paper scissor stone - make it into a game!

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Princess Sarah said…

    I think I would get a bit confoosed. Especially if we were doing a handshale not a handshake.

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Pobol Pobotrol said…

    If we got the Pope to canonise our mascot and then we dug a hole in the garden and put him in it, then we could Bury St Edmunds.

     
  • At 1:02 AM, Blogger Princess Sarah said…

    Errrr...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home